Thursday, September 10, 2015

Simona Halep reached the semi-finals in New York

Simona Halep qualified for the semifinals of the US Open after she managed to overcome Victoria Azarenka with 6:3, 4:6, 6:4 after two hours and 40 minutes at the "Arthur Ashe Stadium." The match between the two went through all disasters, including rain break early in the third set, which interrupted the meeting for nearly an hour and a half.

Eventually, after wrong forehand of Azarenka, the last point of the match went to the account of Halep and she has secured a match with Flavia Pennetta in the semifinals in New York. The other semi-final is between Serena Williams and Roberta Vinci.

The tennis player from Belarus broke in the first game, but then Halep won four games adviced by sport predictions in a row. At 5:3, the Romanian served to win the set and took it in the first opportunity.

In the second part, Azarenka began inspiring and after early break, she managed to ensure a lead with 3:0 games. Halep managed to catch up in the score at 4:5, but then conceded another break and the battle enters in a decisive third part.

After three games adviced by sport predictions played in the third set, the match was stopped, because of a rain over New York. The pause lasted nearly an hour and a half. After the break, Halep managed to take her submission and tied for 2:2 games.

The key break came in the seventh game, when Halep managed to prevail and lead with 4:3, then solidified her lead to 5:3. Azarenka won her last submission, but the former No1 in the world had no strength to take the match.

"It`s amazing to be in the semifinal of the US Open. I love this tournament, I feel good here. At the end of the match I showed my best tennis and deserved the victory. I was aggressive, I dominated the game. After the rain break, I told to myself that I have nothing more to lose and that I must play as I did in the beginning, "said Halep after the meeting.

No comments:

Post a Comment