Thursday, August 23, 2018

Doncic: 'I can play in four positions and I like LeBron!'

The NBA Dragon Noka`s Top 3 nominee Luka Doncic has made an interview with Yahoo Sports, saying he can not wait to have time to play in the US. Currently, the 19-year-old guard is in the final season with Real Madrid, earning the Euroleague earlier this year and meanwhile he has been chosen for the regular season MVP and the Final Four.

Luka and Real are just winning another league predicted by sporttips title - the Spanish ACS League where they lead 2-1 in the final against Basque. The Slovenian has attracted interest from many NBA teams, and Phoenix, Sacramento and Atlanta have even sent their own people to Spain to assure their live skills.

'If I hit through LeBron, I can safely give it up. I`m joking, of course. But I can not wait to come to the United States!' said Doncic to Yahoo Sports.

'I prefer to play a point guard, the ball is in my han ds and create opportunities for others. The strength I have in front of everyone else is that I can play in four positions - from 1 to 4. I always come up with the thought of making my teammates better. I would do everything for my team. I am happy when playing as a playmaker, it`s all easier. I can create opportunities for others!', says Doncic.

'I love playing pinball with the ball and running. From the beginning, I always wanted to be a point guard!', adds the pearl of Real.

One of the best playmakers in the NBA has also grown fond of Doncic. Steve Nash described the Slovenian sensation as a talent that everyone dreams of. The Canadian praised his leadership, as well as being able to keep a few positions and have a winning mentality.

'My favorite player is LeBron. It is incredible. It can play in all positions, even as a center. I do not mind if I compare it to him!' Doncic continues. 'Everything happens extremely fast. First, I play in Real`s representative team, alongside 15-year-olds bigger than me, and now comes up with this jump!' he summed up his career. 'It`s only after my recruiting season that we can tell who has made a mistake by not picking me in the Draw, and I have to show it with my game.', says Doncic, who will travel to New York for the 22nd DrawJune, as long as Real has closed the final series with Basquin tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment